INSECT CONTROL AND THE "DOWN" SIDE TO HAVING A FORMER SURGICAL NURSE CLEAN YOUR HOUSE



 In the 2.5 years that this former ruin has been inhabitable, we have been trying, with mixed success, to convince the local fauna that this is now OUR house. A pacifist at heart, I have on each floor a special bug transport system that consists of a plastic cup and a special designated art postcard that I slide under the "cupped" insect in question, whom I then usher out the door. The downstairs postcard, the first piece of mail I ever received here, is from a former student telling me about what a wonderful time he was having studying French in Paris. The upstairs card is a night scene of a couple in evening dress dancing alongside the Leaning Tower of Pisa. To have someone as thorough and wise as V to clean our house every few weeks is a great privilege, but unlike me, she is NOT a hoarder. Therefore, if I want to keep something whose utility is not readily apparent, I must hide it from her. My bug transport system falls into that category. The problem is that when I return to the house for vacations, after being away for any length of time, I can't always recall where I hid the components of my special bug-transport system. And by the time I find them, my prey has escaped to far beyond "cupping" reach. Oh, well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SAYS THAT LIFE IN THE COUNTRY IS BORING? WHAT’S THAT GIGANTIC CREATURE ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR?🙀

HOW IT ALL STARTED

A HOARDER? MOI?