EPIPHANY!


Epiphany!
Tomorrow is Epiphany Day here. That means that everyone is entitled to be home waiting to have one. Of course it goes without saying that you and I have them all the time, and don't use that as an excuse to do niente. But as my mother put it so UNpolitically correctly, this country is full of "those lazy I--talians," so what can you expect? To answer your question about whether we made it to any wild boar roasts, nobody invited us to any boar-related events. But then again, they didn't shoot us, either, so I am grateful. And unless I have any epiphanies tomorrow, I won't be eating Bambi's mamma, or any hares or bunnies or squid or little game birds or duck, with the exception of the occasional piece of foie gras. Spoken like a true hypocrite, no?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SAYS THAT LIFE IN THE COUNTRY IS BORING? WHAT’S THAT GIGANTIC CREATURE ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR?🙀

HOW IT ALL STARTED

A HOARDER? MOI?