FIGS, GORGONZOLA & ZUKE BLOSSOMS:FRESH FIG 'ZA AND "CAMELOT"


Figs, gorgonzola, zuke blossoms, onions, fresh salvia & basil, crema di balsamico and a pizza oven

Put'em together and whaddaya got ?
Bibbitty, Bobbity, Boo?




It may look like Madagascar,
But it tasted a whole lot better.

Just as I was sadly realizing that we are down to the wire in terms of our summer time here, N runs in with his arms full of figs--luscious, plump, and juicy.

 This is the first time I have been here to taste the fall fig crop, which has arrived early, making a great combo with my slightly later-than-usual departure for the States. This has been a goofy year in terms of the cycle of our trees, with early pears and even apples--crops that I had been longing to taste, a dream that has been hard to realize for someone on an academic calendar.

As I anticipate having to pack up and leave, the song from Camelot keeps ringing in my ear:

If ever I could leave you
It wouldn't be in springtime
Knowing that in spring I'm 
Bewitched by you so 

Oh no, not in springtime 
Summer, winter, or fall
No never could I leave you
At all.

Maybe that is my love song to this beautiful corner of Umbria, which gets harder and harder to leave.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SAYS THAT LIFE IN THE COUNTRY IS BORING? WHAT’S THAT GIGANTIC CREATURE ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR?🙀

HOW IT ALL STARTED

A HOARDER? MOI?