LETTERS I’VE BEEN GETTING ABOUT MY LETTERS TO MEN OF LETTERS BOOK (DOESN’T EVERYONE NEED A MAGIC FLYING SHIRT?)

 A longtime friend who saw the book cover surprised me by asking, “Is that your lucky travel shirt?” How could she not have recognized it? Of course that’s my Magic Flying Shirt, without which I could never go anywhere, since it’s what keeps the plane aloft. Furthermore, there’s no doubt that the shirt has magic powers, since every time I wore it to a job interview, I always got the job. I also wear it to any anxiety-provoking occasion, and it really helps. 




 

So is that the very same lucky shirt? I answered her as follows—

 

Z, I only have this Magic Shirt thanks to YOU. If you recall, we were together at that Tiffany store in Paris where I had dragged you for some fashion advice. I was going to buy only the matching skirt, and not the top, But you persuaded me that that was ridiculous: “Diane, you need both pieces so you can have an outfit!” 

 

Well, that shirt is now 36 years old, but I already have a secret plan for when it’s too worn out to wear. However, I’m not going to reveal it yet, in case that would be bad luck. I should probably mention that the top of my outfit does get a lot more wear than the skirt, whose elastic waist went south long ago (along with my own.) However, the elastic has been replaced, so my outfit is now good to go.  

 

My Magic Shirt really deserves a Facebook page of its own, but it already gets a bit of press in my blog at http://franceoritaly.blogspot.com/2015/06/flash-2015-reunion-with-my-i-am-calm.html You’ll see what I mean. 

 

I haven’t yet mentioned my indispensable “I AM CALM” socks that were a thoughtful gift from my sister-in-law. In any case, I owe Z un GRAND merci for helping me be able to leave home. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SAYS THAT LIFE IN THE COUNTRY IS BORING? WHAT’S THAT GIGANTIC CREATURE ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR?🙀

HOW IT ALL STARTED

A HOARDER? MOI?