BAH HUMBUG?:CHRISTMAS GIFTS RECONSIDERED

Having already admitted that I’m no fan of holidays or birthdays, I have another embarrassing confession that puts right me up there with Scrooge McDuck and the Grinch: For most of my life I have not liked to receive gifts. Further, I only like to give them when something strikes me as just right for the person, regardless of the date. But this year I may be changing my tune, because I received some gifts that felt just right. 

 

One was opening “The London Review of Books” and seeing the elegant ad for “Letters to Men of Letters.” 

 

 



Another was my deadly-looking hori-hori, the Japanese garden tool that no weed wants to see coming. I’ve written about it previously. 

 

http://franceoritaly.blogspot.com/2022/01/not-only-in-italy-garden-tools-and.html?m=1

 

The third which was the subject of a recent three-part post: realizing my long-held wish to get to my mysterious Dream House across the valley. 

 

http://franceoritaly.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-dream-house-walk-part-twoen-route.html?m=1

 

These gifts for which I am very grateful are reminding me that my middle name is “Joy,” not “Bah humbug.”

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SAYS THAT LIFE IN THE COUNTRY IS BORING? WHAT’S THAT GIGANTIC CREATURE ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR?🙀

HOW IT ALL STARTED

A HOARDER? MOI?