COMINGS AND GOINGS--THE LIFE OF THE EX-PAT? OR JUST THE BUSINESS OF LIFE?



I'm looking at where I left off at the end of the past summer here in Umbria. A year of teaching French and helping others write has intervened.

I had a large number of pieces pretty much ready to go, but they have been hibernating in my "Notes" Box awaiting the time I could actually finalize and post them. I think this is what can happen to anyone who writes but who also tries to deal with the business of everyday life.

Further, maybe others are able to look on transitions as opportunities for excitement, whereas I tend to view them with anxiety and dread. Now who could complain about having the luxury of getting to live in an Italian-style paradise for a good chunk of the year? Non รจ logico in any language! Yet to write in fits and starts like this makes it hard to decide where to pick up the thread. One thing that's for sure: it's time to stop hoarding these pieces and stop obsessing about the order in which they will go.

As an aside, I have to admire my friend Susan for not only what she puts in her great blog, but the discipline with which she manages to post twice a month entries on her Half-Year Italian. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SAYS THAT LIFE IN THE COUNTRY IS BORING? WHAT’S THAT GIGANTIC CREATURE ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR?๐Ÿ™€

HOW IT ALL STARTED

A HOARDER? MOI?